On May 17th from 6:30-9pm, the Washington Peace Center will host the 12th Annual Activist Awards Grassroots Gala with a special theme of keep fighting DC! We will celebrate DC activists' hard work, resistance, and victories in the face of escalating oppression.
We will have performances, free food, and a room full of inspiring activists and our movement family. Please join us!
We've also joined forces with the The Sanctuaries, and DC native visual artist and designer, Aliana Grace Bailey". Check out the website here - https://keepfightingdc.wixsite.com/2017activistawards
Tickets are $25-200 sliding scale- scroll down to purchase. Purchase a ticket at $100 and receive a free gift. You can see how your funds will be used.
• $25 allows for WPC to provide equipment to 1 local group or allow one person to attend Global2Local Connections program to connect local struggles to global struggles.
• $50 will cover the cost of attendance for 2 people for the DC Trainers Network skillshare each month so they can build, make connections, and grow as an activist!
• $75 allows us to host a rapid response convening after crisis moments to better coordinate efforts and provide a space for people to plug in
• $100 donation partially allows us to keep our calendar of social justice events updated to coordinate mobilizations and actions in the District so that you can find your favorite social justice events and continue to feel connected to local movements (we feature 40-90 events each month on the calendar)
• $200 donation will help WPC expand our online resource guides that provide expertise on how to organize in the District
BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE HERE - https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50174/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=94760
Be sure to tell your friends that you're going!
Accessibility: We also ask all participants to refrain from wearing any scented products or washing with them on the day of the awards to ensure access for people who experience chemical or fragrance sensitivity. If you need wheelchair accessibility, interpretation, or childcare, please select the option when you buy a ticket or email Darakshan@washingtonpeacecenter.org with accessibility requests. Please send your requests by May 1st to Darakshan Raja.